Safeguarding Policy Statement
The Church of England’s policy statement ‘Promoting a Safer Church’ was adopted by St Peter’s Shipley at a Parochial Church Council meeting on 27th June 2019.
Each person who works within the church agrees to abide by these regulations.
The PCC has appointed Frances Agar as Parish Safeguarding Officer.
The application of this policy will be reviewed each year and a report provided by the Parish Safeguarding Officer to the PCC.
Promoting a safer church
House of Bishops Safeguarding Policy for children, young people & adults.
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Local contacts available to speak to if you have concerns:
Parish Safeguarding Officer
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (Bradford)
0113 3530 258 / 07800 740001
Bradford Children and Adult Services
Children (working hours): 01274 437500
Adults (working hours): 01274 435400
Out of hours: 01274 431010
If there is immediate risk or danger, please contact the police on 101.
- NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
- NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
- Samaritans: 116 123
- Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Action On Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141