Many congregation members have already signed up with the Parish Giving Scheme so that their regular donations to St. Peter’s are collected by Direct Debit. However, we would still like to encourage more people to take up the option.
Currently we are part of a pilot scheme for the Parish Giving Scheme online service which allows you to set up and subsequently manage your giving online and we would like some additional donors to sign up using this system.
It is relatively simple to use:
- There is an icon there ‘Pledge Your Gift’ . Click on Give Now
- You will be presented with a screen to enter your personal details (Name, address, email address) to create an account. The system will send you an email to complete creating your account.
- You will then be asked to set up your gift. This will require you entering your bank account details, the amount and the frequency of the gift. This can be Monthly, Quarterly, Annually.
You will also be asked:
- “Do you want to Gift Aid the amount?’ – Gift Aid allows any tax you have paid on the gift to be reclaimed from the government. Only tick this box if you pay enough tax to cover the amount being reclaimed.
- “Do you want to inflation proof your gift” – this option sets your gift so that the system will prompt you on the anniversary of the gift to consider increasing the gift by the current inflation rate. You can reject the increase or put a different amount in.
- “What communications do you want from St Peter’s” – you can tick to say you want information from us by Post, Phone or email
- “What Communications do you want from PGS” – again you can select what communications you want to receive from PGS.
It is simple and very easy and very safe. It is fully covered by the Direct
Debit Guarantee Scheme so your money is totally safe.