Over February half term, Shipley Christians Together gave out meal boxes to 65 households in the Shipley and Baildon area. Each household received a meal box with enough food for 5 days along with a handwritten card and some information on other forms of help that were available. The meal boxes were paid for by Bradford Council and were packed and distributed by a volunteer team of almost 20 people from 6 different churches.
Pastor Adam Carver, the current chair of SCT, has been in touch with us to say that SCT have applied for another grant from the council to provide the same service in the Easter school holidays to families who live in BD17 & BD18 and receive free school meals. Meal boxes will be delivered to those who need it on Mon 29th March and again on Mon 5th April. There are a number of ways we can help in this venture, so please have a look:
- PRAY! Thank God for what was achieved in February half term and believe and pray that we can have even more impact over Easter.
- HELP! – Volunteers are needed to bring food down from Asda, pack the food into bags and deliver it to the families. For more information and to be included in detailed updates for volunteers please email Adam Carver on email@example.com. (If you volunteered in Feb half term you will automatically be included in volunteer emails).
- GIVE! SCT would like to to put a “Real Easter Egg” in each meal box. These Easter eggs are made from Fairtrade chocolate, with no plastic packaging and include a 24 page booklet telling the Easter story. The grant money from the council can’t be used to buy these eggs so SCT are asking individuals to sponsor an egg for a family. Each egg costs £4.50. What greater gift could we give a family at Easter than the truth of the Good News about Jesus (and a chocolate egg too!). If you’d like to sponsor a Real Easter Egg you can send your donation to the SCT bank account with the following details:
- Account Name: Shipley Churches Together
- Account Number: 51025279
- Sort Code: 40 – 41 – 44
- Alternatively you can write a cheque payable to “Shipley Churches Together” and send it to SCT – Real Easter Eggs, 6 Springswood Road, Shipley, BD18 3DG
Thank you so much for your support.